Saturday 8 October 2011

Data 29b

If your not familiar with this beast it's most likely one of the best programmers out there when in comes to old bi-polar proms and eproms. Ive been searching for one for a year now. I finally found one in mint condition with the unipak 2b. When i put it on the bench and flicked the switch i realized i had a problem. The unit did not pass the self test, Instead it showed garbage on the screen. Now I've come to realize 2 things about garbage characters its either bad ram or a address line stuck. I took it apart which is easy just take out the adapter module and remove the two screws on the panel underneath the then you'll see some 2114 ram. I popped these out and stuck them in my Modem-up programmer/tester and ran a test on the ram. Lucky me one was bad so i swapped it out for a known good one and the rest is history.

No comments:

Post a Comment